Main VandyMania.com Page

POLITICAL, RACIAL AND RELIGIOUS DISCUSSIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED.

Ejike will redshirt

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit, kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates

EllistonVU

Re: Ejike will redshirt

Postby EllistonVU » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:55 am

I'm short on time today, but eventually I will do a "BelleVue" post about the time I wore a red shirt to the Sadie Hawkins dance. It was a real hoot. And a holler.

Commodoredave

Postby Commodoredave » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:56 am

Ugh. I was hoping he developed. Clevon is not the answer inside, and I didn't see anything that makes me think the post can be defended by any of our guys.

Starkiller

Postby Starkiller » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:24 am

Long term, it’s probably his best decision. Let’s hope it pays off down the road.

dore43

Postby dore43 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:34 am

Starkiller wrote:Long term, it’s probably his best decision. Let’s hope it pays off down the road.

Agreed. Wish we had depth at the position to redshirt him as a true freshman. Needed his five fouls and to give other players a breather. He was not at 100% the majority of that season and a year younger than most of the high school class of 2017.

Fingers crossed that he can be a solid contributor next season.

vebiltdervan

Postby vebiltdervan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:07 am

EllistonVU wrote:I'm short on time today, but eventually I will do a "BelleVue" post about the time I wore a red shirt to the Sadie Hawkins dance. It was a real hoot. And a holler.

Cut Bellevue some slack. It's not like he was ever a complete & total jerk, like say bhoyal or utvolhater.

DeefromAtlanta

Postby DeefromAtlanta » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:53 am

vebiltdervan wrote:
EllistonVU wrote:I'm short on time today, but eventually I will do a "BelleVue" post about the time I wore a red shirt to the Sadie Hawkins dance. It was a real hoot. And a holler.

Cut Bellevue some slack. It's not like he was ever a complete & total jerk, like say bhoyal or utvolhater.

For some reason, he can't let it go. Thinks he's being witty or something. Seems to take pride in running off a Vanderbilt fan.

On a friendlier note, I think Clevon Brown could be a decent rim protector. He did have 8 blocks against Ole Miss. If we could keep him inside the 3 pt. arc, his game would improve.
Last edited by DeefromAtlanta on Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ndorefin

Postby Ndorefin » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:38 am

I think your posts on this subject are hilarious! I get a good chuckle every time. I believe some people are a little too thin-skinned.

DeefromAtlanta

It's time to move on

Postby DeefromAtlanta » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:32 am

If this now passes as acceptable entertainment, I'm out of here. There are too few Vanderbilt fans in this world. I'll go find a more hospitable environment.

Don and Karen, thanks for your service. I hope you're happy with EllistonVU/Ndorefin or whomever he decides to be for a given post. It's a sad commentary on society today.

FrmrMrC

Postby FrmrMrC » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:26 pm

DeefromAtlanta wrote:
vebiltdervan wrote:

For some reason, he can't let it go. Thinks he's being witty or something. Seems to take pride in running off a Vanderbilt fan.

On a friendlier note, I think Clevon Brown could be a decent rim protector. He did have 8 blocks against Ole Miss. If we could keep him inside the 3 pt. arc, his game would improve.

Any way to do that when he's on offense too?

Boris

Re: It's time to move on

Postby Boris » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:39 pm

DeefromAtlanta wrote:If this now passes as acceptable entertainment, I'm out of here. There are too few Vanderbilt fans in this world. I'll go find a more hospitable environment.

Don and Karen, thanks for your service. I hope you're happy with EllistonVU/Ndorefin or whomever he decides to be for a given post. It's a sad commentary on society today.

I agree with Dee.

NateSY

Postby NateSY » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:40 pm

Please refer to thread “regarding former posters”.

dore43

Re: It's time to move on

Postby dore43 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:00 pm

DeefromAtlanta wrote:If this now passes as acceptable entertainment, I'm out of here. There are too few Vanderbilt fans in this world. I'll go find a more hospitable environment.

Dee. I hope you reconsider. You can always mute a message board member under friends/foes in the control panel in your profile should their posts irritate you.

VUaskew

Postby VUaskew » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:13 pm

Getting back on topic, I have yet to see an official announcement of Ejike's red-shirt. Not that I am doubting the OP, b/c he seems to be more in the know than the rest of us.

Matt2309

Postby Matt2309 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:15 pm

VUaskew wrote:Getting back on topic, I have yet to see an official announcement of Ejike's red-shirt. Not that I am doubting the OP, b/c he seems to be more in the know than the rest of us.

Bryce announced it in the post game press conference

EllistonVU

Postby EllistonVU » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:18 pm

Ndorefin wrote:

I think your posts on this subject are hilarious! I get a good chuckle every time. I believe some people are a little too thin-skinned.

Thanks for your professionally stated vote of confidence. The vast majority of those who stated an opinion on the "parody posts" were highly in favor of them and seems to enjoy reading them very much while the same old one or two fun-hating whiners boo-hoo a river of phony crocodile tears. Their pathetic crying fools nobody.

When I get more time, expect that post about the "red shirt" and the one or two PMS sufferers won't be forced to read it.

NateSY

Postby NateSY » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:57 pm

EllistonVU. You literally just reported a post for someone referring to another as a jerk, then follow up by calling people “fun-hating whiners”, refer to their “pathetic crying”, and accuse them of having PMS. Amazing.

KarenYates
Site Admin

Postby KarenYates » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:11 pm

Post locked. If you want to discuss Ejike without turning it into something else you are welcome to.

Return to “Vanderbilt Men's Basketball”