0-4 preseason

Discuss Nashville's NFL team here, the Tennessee Titans.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BelleVUe

0-4 preseason

Post by BelleVUe »

Not only did they lose all 4 games, they scored just 40 points in 4 games and gave up 90.

Sure, these games don't count, but how many teams go 0-4 and get outscored by 12.5 points per game in the preseason and make the playoffs in the same year?

The Cowboys and Falcons also went 0-4, and Atlanta did worse than the Titans. Atlanta went 0-4 last year and made the playoffs, so it can happen.

Titans309fan
Admiral

Re: 0-4 preseason

Post by Titans309fan »

There is no correlation at all between preseason record and regular season record.

http://www.footballgeography.com/winles ... preseason/

Now if they have a bad loss to Miami next Sunday, we can start to worry. I hope you enjoyed seeing Luke Falk play, Bellevue, since he is very likely to go to the practice squad after being the QB the whole game yesterday. He wasn't throwing INTs, but he barely hit over 50% of his passes and had no TDs either.
EllistonVU
Vice Admiral

Post by EllistonVU »

Titans309fan wrote:There is no correlation at all between preseason record and regular season record.

Now if they have a bad loss to Miami next Sunday, we can start to worry. I hope you enjoyed seeing Luke Falk play, Bellevue, since he is very likely to go to the practice squad after being the QB the whole game yesterday. He wasn't throwing INTs, but he barely hit over 50% of his passes and had no TDs either.
Did channel 2 exclaim DON'T MISS THE BIG GAME ON NEXT... IT'S A WHOLE NEW BALLGAME...YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS IT!!!!

in a way that was appropriate with totally over-hyping one's hand?
BelleVUe

Post by BelleVUe »

Titans309fan wrote:There is no correlation at all between preseason record and regular season record.

I didn't watch a single play, nor have I watched a single play. The Titans did not exist until long after we moved, and the Houston Oilers were never a team I cared for, as they played boring football in the latter 1960's with Hoyle Granger running.

I was an AFL West fan, first and foremost--Chiefs, Raiders, Chargers, Broncos, and for a couple years the Bengals were in that division too.

Luke Falk proves two things about football
1. Mike Leach can take average 3-star QBs and make them into NFL Draft picks even though they were rated about the same as Wade Freebeck and Shawn Stankavage.

2. No Air Raid QB coming from college as a 3-star talent is going to make it in the NFL unless the team uses the same offense. The Patriots' offense is the NFL Air Raid, so if Falk is released, maybe he would be a fit in New England on their practice squad.
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

Miami claimed Luke Falk from the Titans practice squad today. So that means he is on the 53-man roster for at least 4 weeks.

This move appears to be pretty shady. Falk certainly didn't do anything in the preseason to suggest he should be on a roster, yet our first game opponent grabbed him anyway. The only logical reason is to try to get as much info about the Titans as possible.

I wonder what obligation Falk has to reveal what he knows. If he blabs everything, the Titans will likely never re-sign him if/when he gets cut by the Dolphins. If he stays quiet, the Dolphins may do absolutely nothing with him.
Locked Previous topicNext topic