Search found 145 matches

Return

by historybill
Tue May 09, 2023 3:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Notre Dame LB transfer headed to Vandy?

Hope so!

We could use a good linebacker from Jonesborough!

Also... any high school football player who left Washington County to play at Notre Dame is special in many ways.
by Levon
Tue May 09, 2023 10:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Louisville

Corbs pushed all the right buttons in the 12th, though I didn't understand pinch hitting Espinosa with 1 out. He's a high-risk, high-reward hitter who strikes out a lot. Why not a lefty against the right-handed pitcher, or Maldo the Younger, a much better contact hitter. That move mystified me a bi...
by geeznotagain
Wed May 10, 2023 9:34 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Corbs pushed all the right buttons in the 12th, though I didn't understand pinch hitting Espinosa with 1 out. He's a high-risk, high-reward hitter who strikes out a lot. Why not a lefty against the right-handed pitcher, or Maldo the Younger, a much better contact hitter. That move mystified me a bi...
by Levon
Wed May 10, 2023 10:06 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by commadore
Wed May 10, 2023 10:07 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lost in all the talk of last night's game

Was the performance of winning pitcher, David Horn. Going into last night he had pitched a total of 8 innings and had given up 9 runs. So what did he do? Pitched three scoreless innings, giving up one hit and no runs. Yes, he also walked three, but he got out of jams and, I think, earned the right t...
by UltimateVUFan
Wed May 10, 2023 11:04 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hunter Dickinson and NIL

Eh. I guess. I earned both my bachelor’s and master’s degrees at VU. Did pretty well re: accrued debt, relatively speaking. I’ve been a public school teacher my entire career (midpoint right now). I could make more money doing many other things, even within the education sector. I’m where I am becau...
by BrentVU
Wed May 10, 2023 8:52 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Xadavien Sims names Vandy in Top 5, will take official visit

I noted this in another thread, but this is big enough news it probably deserves its own thread... Xadavien Sims, a 4-star DE/TE from Durant, Okla., who is rated by some the No.1 prospect in Oklahoma for 2024, named his Top Five schools Wednesday and says he will commit on May 20. His Top 5 are: Van...
by Jason94
Thu May 11, 2023 8:22 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence

If you think there is someone better out there for us…..good luck with that! Do you think that making the NCAA tournament is a pipe dream, and that only with extreme luck we can get there? I think that we will need to build and retain a legit SEC roster with much less NIL money than any other SEC t...
by BrentVU
Thu May 11, 2023 4:05 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OT: Friday's Graduation moved to Bridgestone Arena due to weather

This year's graduates won't get the Alumni Lawn experience, but oh well...

Congratulations to all our graduating athletes, and from VandyManiacs everywhere... a huge THANKS! VU#
by DoreFan49
Thu May 11, 2023 6:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Just thinking ahead

I do not believe that we can give up hope for signing Jaloni. I have had conversations with the parents of many highly recruited women college basketball players in the past and I do not believe it comes down to money with the majority of them. Here is my list of the most important criteria these pa...
by BrentVU
Fri May 12, 2023 11:04 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

VU signee Jailen Ruth named Scholar Athlete of Year by FL TV station

The article includes a video interview with Jailen Ruth; it fails to mention Ruth was an early enrollee at Vandy and participated in spring ball.

https://www.wcjb.com/2023/05/12/hawthor ... ar-awards/
by BrentVU
Fri May 12, 2023 1:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Xadavien Sims names Vandy in Top 5, will take official visit

Sims won the Oklahoma state championship Friday in the discus in 5A...

by BrentVU
Fri May 12, 2023 2:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OT: Friday's Graduation moved to Bridgestone Arena due to weather

Jaylen Mahoney, Justin Ball, Justin Harris

by dore74
Sat May 13, 2023 6:33 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Transfers and the Portal

Gotta say I find myself checking this transfer stuff (in and out) in a similar manner to monitoring a coaching change. The soap opera context is very alluring. Additionally, the notion of a portal congers up aspects of si-fi, sorcery and the movie series the Matrix. All adding to the drama. Strange ...
by Seadog73
Wed May 17, 2023 6:53 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MEN HEADED TO THE NCAA'S AS WELL

Fought back from a terrible start on Day One to finish 2nd in the Regional at Auburn University Club.

https://vucommodores.com/grayhawk-bound-again/
by DoreFan49
Wed May 17, 2023 9:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Amauri Williams Signs With Prairie View A&M

At this point, I am so happy to see that Amauri has an opportunity to play at another college as she moves on from Vanderbilt where her plans did not work out as she had hoped. Best of luck Amauri at Prarie View!
by coachinwaiting
Fri May 19, 2023 11:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vanderbilt joins Conference USA

Everyone always says that Vandy could always go bowling in C-USA.
by vandylifer
Sat May 20, 2023 8:47 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In Corbs We Trust!

Wow! What a great series win! I've been following the board and some of the criticism of Coach Corbin that goes along with our frustration over hitting, fielding and pitching . . . . after 20 plus years I think I've learned that we have one of the, if not the BEST coach in college ball. What a great...
by Seadog73
Mon May 22, 2023 7:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FWIW - Lawrence

I would welcome him back with open arms.