Search found 88 matches

Return

by geeznotagain
Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vanderbilt-Kentucky 3

IMHO, (James K.) Polk is the MVP of this game.
by charlestonalum
Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Today's game...

IMG_1410.PNG
Whistler exultant with win today!
by Versus75
Mon May 01, 2023 4:27 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Could be that the Florida pitcher ...

... who supposedly was suspended for 4 games got dinged worse because he was a starting pitcher who only pitches once per week. Or it could be that the announcers don't know what they are talking about like those who say a batter "flew out" rather than "flied out" or "hit a ...
by MrMemorial
Mon May 01, 2023 10:37 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How does NIL work?

The movie Blue Chips comes to mind. Sam Gilbert was an American businessman who owned a construction company in Los Angeles, California. He is best known as a controversial athletic booster of the UCLA Bruins men's basketball team from the mid-1960s until UCLA was ordered to disassociate. I noticed...
by Nashmann
Thu May 04, 2023 12:11 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence

No longer a Lawrence fan....may he ride the bench at Auburn!!
by roanoke
Thu May 04, 2023 5:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JJ Bleday

Home run today.
by doubledore9603
Fri May 05, 2023 4:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence

CJS to Bruce…” My friends in the G league just raised you…ante up or fold.”
by Levon
Sat May 06, 2023 2:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Alabama #3

Crap. Was foul. They should have challenged that. Glad they didn't. Diaz' ball was fair. It hit the ground between home and 3rd base, so at that point it's where it crosses the bag. If inside or over the base, then it's fair; the LF line beyond 3rd base is irrelevant. 3rd base umpire was perfectly ...
by Versus75
Mon May 08, 2023 2:36 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Commit Connor Cobb’s team DQ’d after no hitter

A. Rules are there for a purpose; they are not made to be broken. B. If you let 121 pitches go, then why not 121 or 122? C. The article said that the rule initially allowed a pitcher to finish with a batter when the pitch count reached 120, but that was changed a couple years later. D. The coaches k...
by Go Vandy!
Wed May 10, 2023 2:04 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Love this annual Louisville game

Me too. Altho it takes months off my life expectancy.
by UltimateVUFan
Wed May 10, 2023 11:04 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hunter Dickinson and NIL

Eh. I guess. I earned both my bachelor’s and master’s degrees at VU. Did pretty well re: accrued debt, relatively speaking. I’ve been a public school teacher my entire career (midpoint right now). I could make more money doing many other things, even within the education sector. I’m where I am becau...
by UltimateVUFan
Thu May 11, 2023 7:37 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Notre Dame LB transfer headed to Vandy?

Vandy187187 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:54 pm More evidence of this football staff having their act together. Maybe we should give him a basketball scholarship to play football.
Dude. Give it a rest. You’re being very undude.
by roanoke
Sat May 13, 2023 10:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Slugfests

We can win slugfests, but we need discipline. We just beat Louisville 12-8 on the road. The issue is: our leadoff guys need to work counts (especially if the strike zone is a thimble) not hack at the first pitch. With two strikes we need to choke up, go for contact, and go with pitches instead of pu...
by Dorewithaflare
Sun May 14, 2023 12:28 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Our pitchers

Where do you get these guys? Did they really pitch in high school?
by OldDude
Sun May 14, 2023 2:47 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawkins Field Upgrades

3rdFloorDyer wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:40 pm Extra batting cages.
and extra batting coaches ?
by VirginiaDore
Sun May 14, 2023 11:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The color guy last night

Read the above linked articles with interest; thanks for posting. Larry Munson’s time at Vanderbilt predated mine, so I’m in no position to compare him to Paul Eels. However, rankings that would place John Ward ahead of Eels are suspect (at best) in my view. I had the same debate with my UT-loving c...
by MemorialMagic
Tue May 16, 2023 8:27 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Some Tyrin news

Honestly, this is hard to take. This school and staff has put a lot into Tyrin, and he treats us this way? Free education at a top 20 university for one. Lots of hours working with him to develop his skills. Got him a lot of air time and plenty of promotional work by the Vandy marketing department. ...
by Vandy187187
Wed May 17, 2023 7:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Some Tyrin news

Who's Tyrin?
by roanoke
Sat May 20, 2023 3:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Arky #3

Ump not making it any easier. Schultz struck him out - called a ball. Watch the replay, Vastine in disbelief at the terrible call.
by Versus75
Tue May 23, 2023 6:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MODS: I would appreciate an explanation of...

MemorialMagic wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:07 pm what is going on with the site.

I'm not mad, but if I know what the problem is, I will be more patient.

Thanks
I’m going to stop paying for Vandymania in protest.

(Sarcasm)

You make it seem as though Don is doing this on purpose. Cut him some slack. If he had hair he would be tearing it out.