Search found 85 matches

Return

by MikeADore
Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Agata Makurat Has Arrived

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ctq0F_OoprR/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA== Translation of the above message from her mom, Marta, who is seen in the photo with her: Your road to this place 🇺🇸✈️🏀 was long and winding 🤔 However, having a specific goal, everything seems much easier...
by MikeADore
Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Leah Macy Makes Official Visit

My absolute favorite recruit from the '25 class. She's just a beast. Throws it in gear at the opening tip and just grinds the whole game. Excellent three-point shooter, but she does great work in the paint both rebounding and scoring. She's 6'2 from Kentucky's Mercy Academy. (Plays summer ball for K...
by MikeADore
Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nice Write-up on the Transfers

Yes it IS behind a pay wall.... Nashmann , I'm not sure I can adequately recap the article, but I'll try to give you the basics. Actually, it is one of the better articles Aria has written about the program. I think she consulted with someone on the staff or someone else more knowledgable before wr...
by MikeADore
Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:44 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Justine Pissott Settling In

Nice series of photos from practice.

by MikeADore
Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hyped

Looks like Bella hit a shot that ended practice. Happy girls.

by MikeADore
Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:51 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Four-Year Scholarship Chart

I decided to attempt creation of a four-year scholarship chart mostly as a reference for myself, but I also thought some of you might enjoy it. Mainly, it just charts the upcoming rosters. Of course, it does not take into account possible transfers. There will probably be a few in or out in the comi...
by MikeADore
Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Four-Year Scholarship Chart

Great list -- Thanks for putting this together. One small nit - The VUCommodores website shows Iyana Moore as a junior this year. CONQUER!!..., and PREVAIL!!! Yeah, I just decided to list them by basketball eligibility, which is all we really care about in this case. Iyana is a junior academically,...
by MikeADore
Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recruiting Rundown

An updated list of class of '24 and '25 players who have offers along with their Hoopgurlz ranking: Class of ’24 Mikayla Blakes #16 Joyce Edwards #1 Orlagh Gormley unranked Avery Howell #45 Shay Ijiwoye #41 Kateryna Koval #5 Zania Socka-Nguemen #43 Kennedy Ume #28 Trinity Wilson unranked (Committed)...
by MikeADore
Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:19 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recruiting Rundown

I'm sure this is the longest running thread at present. Have there been any that lasted more than 2 years? Not that I know of, but, compared to some of the folks around here, I'm a newbie. This was a great idea by vandyfan52 . It's kind of tricky to keep it up to date, too, since we'll go long peri...
by MikeADore
Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nike Nationals Live Stream Starts Friday Morning

The Nike Nationals start tomorrow in Chicago, an event that is sure to draw coaches from all over the country, including coach Ralph and coach Demille. Coach Garrick will be in Louisville and Iowa for tournaments. Coach Earley will be in Indiana, Chicago and Louisville. I’m looking forward to seeing...
by MikeADore
Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:49 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Watched Trinity Wilson Play Several Games

I was a bit under the weather over the weekend and wound up spending a lot of time watching games from the Nike Nationals in Chicago. I watched Trinity Wilson and her North Tartan EYBL team play several times. She played well. North Tartan is a fast-breaking team, and she kept up just fine. Not a sp...
by MikeADore
Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:33 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who Drew The Toughest Home-Away Schedule?

A couple weeks ago, the SEC released each team’s home and away opponents for the coming season, meaning the three schools each team will play twice during the season while playing everyone else just once. Out of curiosity and boredom, I made a list of each team’s home-away opponents along with those...
by MikeADore
Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:59 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Orlagh Gormley Receives Vandy Offer

I had thought we might be through for the '24 cycle, at least in terms of new offers. But, I stumbled upon this one from a couple days ago. She's a 5'7 point guard who scores in bunches at times. She also got offers from Michigan and Penn State this week to go along with several others from earlier,...
by MikeADore
Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jordyn C. Chosen for Student-Athlete Summit

She has been in Vegas this week for the gathering.

by MikeADore
Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jordyn Turns 23

Smart, talented, pretty and driven. I like her future.

by MikeADore
Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:49 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

NCAA Confirms New WBIT for This Season

The NCAA confirmed this week it will resume a 32-team post-season tournament for women's basketball this year. It will be called the Women's Basketball Invitational Tournament (WBIT). This will be in addition to the 68-team NCAA tournament held each year to crown a national champion. Meanwhile, the ...
by MikeADore
Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great Message From Jordyn Oliver

And, that is the body of an SEC guard. Can't wait to see her play. She is unusual. Doesn't care for the three pointer. She's all about penetration and scoring around the rim (often with a deadly fade-away jumper) or dishing to an open teammate. And, she gets after it on defense. https://www.instagra...
by MikeADore
Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Makurat Sisters

Agata, left, and big sister Anna were at the Ed Sheeran concert at Nissan Stadium Saturday night. Not sure how long Anna will be in town, but it appears she has been here for an extended visit. I saw a video a couple weeks ago with her being worked out by Vandy's strength and conditioning coach, and...
by MikeADore
Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:48 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jayla Forbes Visits

Will be a freshman this year (class of '27). Plays forward/center for class 7A Thompson High School in Alabama. Has offers that include Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Auburn. Doesn't appear to have a Vandy offer yet, or at least she doesn't say so. Has a 4.0 GPA. Oh, and she's 6'7. You read that ri...
by MikeADore
Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

100 Days

It's coming. Slowly.