Search found 123 matches

Return

by vu2003rpl
Sun May 07, 2023 6:11 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Commit Connor Cobb’s team DQ’d after no hitter

Also odd the rule does not allow the pitcher to finish the current batter when he hits the pitch count limit.
by Hutch37
Mon May 08, 2023 8:22 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence

i cannot speak for every dismissal but I do know that Stack suggested to at least one if not several of our guys that it might be a good idea to transfer. And also that $$ was the main reason for our highest profile departures. Yes it is a lot of turnover that goes against what we all love about col...
by UltimateVUFan
Wed May 10, 2023 11:04 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hunter Dickinson and NIL

Eh. I guess. I earned both my bachelor’s and master’s degrees at VU. Did pretty well re: accrued debt, relatively speaking. I’ve been a public school teacher my entire career (midpoint right now). I could make more money doing many other things, even within the education sector. I’m where I am becau...
by MrMemorial
Wed May 10, 2023 5:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last Year's Starting 5

I can't name any schools, but I feel confident that we're probably not the only school in this situation given the craziness out there. By mid-April there were at least 6 mid-major conference that had lost between 30 and 40 percent of their roster to the portal. per a recent article: According to a...
by Foreverhopeful
Thu May 11, 2023 4:50 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence

Jason94 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:40 pm
Foreverhopeful wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:58 pm If you think there is someone better out there for us…..good luck with that!
Do you think that making the NCAA tournament is a pipe dream, and that only with extreme luck we can get there?
I think a lot of pieces have to fall into place. I think we should have been selected this year!
by roanoke
Sat May 13, 2023 10:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Slugfests

We can win slugfests, but we need discipline. We just beat Louisville 12-8 on the road. The issue is: our leadoff guys need to work counts (especially if the strike zone is a thimble) not hack at the first pitch. With two strikes we need to choke up, go for contact, and go with pitches instead of pu...
by UltimateVUFan
Tue May 16, 2023 7:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone else…

…glad the MTSU game got rained out?

Frankly, with Arkansas rolling into town in a few days, I think the extra rest and hopefully some focus on the mental aspects of the game might do the team some good.
Fingers crossed for a series win to propel them into the SECT back on track.
by MemorialMagic
Tue May 16, 2023 8:27 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Some Tyrin news

Honestly, this is hard to take. This school and staff has put a lot into Tyrin, and he treats us this way? Free education at a top 20 university for one. Lots of hours working with him to develop his skills. Got him a lot of air time and plenty of promotional work by the Vandy marketing department. ...
by alathIN
Wed May 17, 2023 6:03 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Some Tyrin news

So you're saying if there was NIL + transfer portal 50 years ago, no one would have taken advantage of it? There were "$100 handshakes" in the 50s, decades before it was legal. There would not have been an NIL back then. Yes, $50 handshakes, but NIL would have been taboo. $50 handshakes? ...
by geeznotagain
Thu May 18, 2023 12:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Our Chancellor gets it

I have 4 comments: 1. First (and most importantly) I think his comments are spot on. 2. Almost as importantly, I hope the achievement of some of his athletic goals occur in my lifetime (I'm in my mid-70's). 3. I think his use of FSU rather than a comparable SEC school was tactful. 4. Yes, he underts...
by vandy05
Fri May 19, 2023 11:25 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Miami, N.C. State, Virginia Tech, UNC

I didn't mind talks of the Big 10 before they added the west coast schools. That just seems like a logistical nightmare. I have a fond affinity for history and tradition of college sport rivalries, but change is always inevitable. I just prefer change that makes good sense.
by Versus75
Sun May 21, 2023 11:35 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pitching question

V-New Except that an early exit (0-2) in the tournament could end our hopes for a National Seed. Believe we need to get at least one win.
by secchamp
Mon May 22, 2023 7:33 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Prince Kollie

charlestonalum wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:17 pm What about him? Is he in portsl?
He announced his commitment to Vanderbilt today! He's going to be a great addition!
by Seadog73
Mon May 22, 2023 7:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FWIW - Lawrence

I would welcome him back with open arms.
by alathIN
Tue May 23, 2023 6:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tasos Kamateros

Earlier I heard a podcast guest opining that the key for lower conference players transitioning to the SEC was whether they had a larger or smaller role on the new team. Kind of rang true. We've seen guys before who were really good contributors as the third or fourth scoring option, but fell flat w...
by UltimateVUFan
Tue May 23, 2023 10:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Never said VU played well in November and December. But they played a more challenging OOC schedule (98, according to kenpom) than several SEC teams that made the cut ahead of them who I argue shouldn’t have (particularly MSU with their #277 OOC schedule, head-to-head loss, and 4 fewer SEC wins). I ...
by geeznotagain
Wed May 24, 2023 8:45 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FWIW - Vandysports Podcast

Versus75 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:12 am
AuricGoldfinger wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 4:22 am I'm guessing he's trying to decide between returning to school and playing in the G League (assuming that's an option).
Or playing in Europe. Maybe China or Australia.
Those options that you mention sound, to me, more suited for a single guy than a family man with a small child.
by mathguy
Wed May 24, 2023 7:47 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So you admit we played poorly for the first two months (and even up until the Bama game where we got destroyed). then we picked it up over the last 14 games or so, but were not dominant during that stretch - we won a bunch of close games at home for the most part. I'm not following why the NET is s...
by UltimateVUFan
Wed May 24, 2023 10:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Valid enough critique, but I still stand by the assertion that had VU played an easier schedule (say, on par with MSU’s abysmal preconference slate), they likely wouldn’t have suffered as many OOC losses. And they would’ve been fine come selection Sunday. Still waiting for that UK discrepancy explan...