Search found 109 matches

Return

by jpmando
Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:49 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Podcast: James Franklin talks about leaving VU & the commitment level

This 60 year fan and legacy alumnus is always stunned by the vitriol directed at Franklin. He did exactly what every and any head coach does in the slimy world of college athletics- (ne professional sport minor leagues). He bolted when he got a better offer, as did his recruits. The fact that he was...
by MrMemorial
Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:36 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 21st Century Teams

Three of those players didn't play in the 21st century. But they played in the same century as Matt Frieje, who made the first team. What does that have to do with anything? Matt played from 2000-2004. So while you are correct technically, the post if for 21st century players, which Matt played thr...
by MikeADore
Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Leah Macy Makes Official Visit

My absolute favorite recruit from the '25 class. She's just a beast. Throws it in gear at the opening tip and just grinds the whole game. Excellent three-point shooter, but she does great work in the paint both rebounding and scoring. She's 6'2 from Kentucky's Mercy Academy. (Plays summer ball for K...
by AuricGoldfinger
Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ven-Allen Lubin today in u19 USA vs Madagascar

by MikeADore
Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nice Write-up on the Transfers

Yes it IS behind a pay wall.... Nashmann , I'm not sure I can adequately recap the article, but I'll try to give you the basics. Actually, it is one of the better articles Aria has written about the program. I think she consulted with someone on the staff or someone else more knowledgable before wr...
by alathIN
Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:37 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Allen-Lubin today in u19 USA vs Madagascar

Nashmann wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:30 am Not bad first game....
That was an impactful 16 minutes.
I think this will be great experience for him.
My first impression was he looks like a guy who doesn't get pushed around too easily.
by BrentVU
Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ladies and gents: We have an updated fall roster!

The first thing I noticed about it was the true freshman defensive tackles... De'Marion Thomas reported in as 6-2, 321, and Ted Gregoire reported as 6-3, 311!!! That's an awesome pair of bookends. Here's a photo of Thomas... he looks like a full-grown man who's ready for action. [img=https://pbs.twi...
by BrentVU
Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:22 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RB recruit Jason Patterson: Vandy on its way up, Coach Lea has a blueprint

Cardenas says his commitment is coming on Friday, July 7... he is down to Vandy and Missouri.
by LawoftheWest
Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:25 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: James Strong named as new assistant coach

Something does not seem to quite add up. Strong graduated in 2000. 23 years ago. Yet he has not especially advanced as a coach. In no way do I question his ability as a player at Vandy. Or his dedication to Vandy, although he spent quite a few years elsewhere, for example as an assistant at Belmont....
by Johnmn555
Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:01 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I think this is a first

[ What was Jay Cutler rated? Ralph Webb? [/quote] Irrelevant. If our average number of stars is low, the chances are that the overall class won't be that good. I believe Cutler was a one star who was the last player offered by Woody. So what kind of class would you get if you had 20 one stars? One ...
by Foreverhopeful
Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:38 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sounds like Calipari's son will be filling James Strong's old job

I'm not sure how I feel about this, but I trust Stack. It's just not a name that rolls comfortably off of my lips.
by buffy
Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I think this is a first

Two diamonds in the rough.....much more the exception to the rule....please re-read what I wrote "Only or mostly" Nashmann: The board has had this argument a million times. Relative stars, statistically, can't be ignored. If you're betting on who wins the national championship, there are ...
by MrMemorial
Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OT: Serious allegations against Northwestern, Pat Fitzgerald

NU was 1-11 last season with a loss to D-2 Southern Illinois at home as well as Miami (OH) a mid-level mid-major.

He has to be on a really hot seat and that can only help our recruiting as private highly academic p-5 schools don't grow on trees.
by commadore
Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Commitment (2024) Dontae Carter 6-2 172 WR/DB Cibolo-Steele, TX

Kid appears to have good hands, good footwork, good speed, and has his head together. Welcome again, Dontae.
by MrMemorial
Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:51 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy to play Texas Tech in neutral site game in Fort Worth this season

Playing Texas Tech in Texas?

Real neutral site, right? :roll:
by TwoSaints
Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:03 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: tyler tanner

Wow...another guard sigh...not heavily recruited an underwhelming 3-star... SV# SV# SV# Right, because our only successful players have been heavily recruited 4- or 5-star players. Look, we already had really mixed success over the years, not just in getting Top 100 recruits to come to Vanderbilt, ...
by BrentVU
Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clark Lea gets contract extension

What was his initial contract and how many years have been added this time? Does anyone know? The terms of all Vandy coaches' contracts are generally closely guarded secrets... although the Tennessean did report recently that Lea made about $3 million in 2021, his first year at Vandy, based on tax ...
by AuricGoldfinger
Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Scoreboard for 2023

And I'm guessing this is the solution for the speakers...

by commadore
Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:23 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preseason all-SEC teams announced

Screw them all. I wish we could pull off Missouri, Kentucky, and Florida, then one more and then tell them all to go to hell.